October 08, 2012

Latest skin-saver: Murad Exfoliating Blemish Treatment Gel



Alas, my faithful acne-treatment gel Differin hasn’t been too effective of late. So on impulse I picked up a mini (30ml) bottle of Murad’s Exfoliating Blemish Gel for £4.99 from FeelUnique during a sale-haul in August. It was a special promotion and boy... do I wish I’d hauled BOTTLES of this stuff!

I’ll admit I was a bit dubious because the gel has hydrogen peroxide – which is a bit of a ‘naughty’ ingredient, but the rest of the active ingredients – salicylic acid, retinol, glycolic acids and liquorice root extracts all sounded so right I chanced it.

Plus my skin was being so annoying I was reaching that desperate-try-anything stage.
Believe it or not, this made SUCH a difference from the first day! My skin was looking clogged and dull. I’d started using Neutrogena’s Deep Clean Blackhead Eliminating Scrub again and it was helping a lot, but you know when you’re skin is just not at its best.


After my first use, my skin felt smoother and seemed ever so slightly glowier. It wasn’t clear because small whiteheads started to appear – the exfoliating gel was bringing them to the surface and clearing them up.
Two weeks later, the same started happening with deeper-seated problems. Larger pimples started surfacing but clearing in a few days (whee!) helped along by those wondrous Nexcare Acne Patches.

Now, after over a month in of twice-daily use I have colleagues telling me I look glowy after a late night out and my skin still isn’t blemish free but that’s likely my lousy diet and bad sleeping habits *blush*. Its smoother, old acne marks have faded and I feel like much better skin is just round the corner if I’m a good girl and don’t mess with it too much.

Another thing I love about this product is how gentle it’s been, no stinging, no dryness and no flaky skin. Wonderful!

Conclusion
I’ve splashed out on the 100ml bottle which retails for about HKD500. As the 30 ml one is only about half-way used after over a month I figure the full-sized bottle will last me nearly a year.  Here’s hoping it stays effective all the way!

4 comments:

Syen said...

Okay, this sounds awesome. Sounds like something my skin could use. Gah.

Kahani said...

Reminds me of the now-faded wonders of Cellnique's Pro Sebum!

Anonymous said...

Can't say that it was gentle to me. I thought it was pretty strong. It wasn't terrible strong, but it definitely stung a bit. I've got combination skin.

Kahani said...

karcy: Eep, thanks for sharing that. Both Syen and I must have armour for skin by now!